Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Green Bay Packers license plates
The gold plate features the Green Bay Packers' registered trademark, a white G in a green oval, on the left side of the plate, with Wisconsin at the top and Green Bay Packers at the bottom, both in green. The plate numbers and letters are black. All non-personalized plates will have the letter G as a suffix.
Plate fees help maintain Lambeau Field
The Packer plate fees include an issuance fee of $15, plus an annual $25 tax-deductible contribution, in addition to the regular registration fee. The contribution goes toward maintenance and operating costs at Lambeau Field. The personalized Packer plate is available for the annual $15 personalized plate fee, the annual $25 donation for Lambeau Field, and the usual registration fee. It may have one to six characters.
Vehicles that qualify
- Motor homes (annual registration only)
- Motor trucks
- 4,500, 6,000 or 8,000 pounds gross weight including dual purpose farm and dual purpose motor home
- 12,000 pound gross weight farm truck
If you want a Packers plate and disabled parking privileges you must display a disabled parking ID card hanging from the rear view mirror. The card is available from The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
Things you should know:
- Packer license plates can feature regular numbers or a personalized message.
- A $25 tax-deductible donation, which is required each year to help maintain Lambeau Field. The $25 donation is deductible if you itemize your income tax returns.
- A $15 issuance fee is required for regular Packer plates.
- A $15 fee is required EACH year in addition to the regular annual registration fee for personalized plates.
- If the vehicle receiving Packer license plates is already titled/registered in your name, complete the vehicle section on MV2917.
- If the vehicle is not titled in your name, complete the title application - form MV1 and form MV2917 send them with all the required fees to the address on form MV2917.
- Plates may be transferred from an auto to a truck or vice versa upon payment of the full registration fee unless vehicle is converted from an auto to a truck or vice versa. The real registration must be changed to reflect the current plate type.
- For more information, visit personalized and special plates FAQs.
How to apply
Local DMV customer service centers do not have Packer license plates for immediate issue, but can process applications and the plates will be mailed. To apply by mail, send the following items:
- Completed Packer License Plates Application form, MV2917.
- $15 issuance fee OR personalized plate fee.
- A $25 tax-deductible donation, which maintains Lambeau Field in Green Bay. The $25 donation is deductible if you itemize your income tax returns.
- Annual registration fee if you do not have plates or if your current plates expire within the next three months.
- Check or money order made payable to: Registration Fee Trust.
- Mail with payment to:
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Special Plates Unit
P.O. Box 7911
Madison WI 53707-7911
Personalized license plates
- Personalizing your Packer license plates is optional.
- A $15 personalized plate fee is required each year in addition to the regular annual registration fee.
- Visit Personalized Plate Lookup to find out if your choice for a personalized license plate is available.
- No refund or adjustment will be made for a change of choice or spacing after the plates are ordered, or if the application is unclear or incorrectly completed.
- WisDOT may refuse to issue, or may recall after issuance, a request that may be offensive to good taste or decency, misleading or may conflict with the issuance of any other license plates.
- After you receive the Certificate of Registration, allow 4-6 weeks for the manufacturing and mailing process before the plates arrive.
Temporary plate required
To legally operate your vehicle, you must display license plates within two business days of purchase. If you do not have current plates, apply to a DMV service center or an agent authorized by DMV to obtain a temporary plate while your civilian plate order is processed. An agent may charge a $3 plate fee and/or may also charge a $5 service fee.
Change to regular plates
If you later decide to re-register with standard license plates, return a copy of your Certificate of Registration with a request for standard plates. Include the regular registration fee if your plates will expire within the next 3 months.
Release of information
WisDOT uses the information on this form to issue Packer license plates. Under open records laws, WisDOT must make nonexempt information available upon request. WisDOT makes some information available to companies for business purposes. If you want your name and address withheld from such business mailing lists, complete the "Release of Non-Exempt Information" portion on form MV2917.
Souvenir Packer plates are not available from WisDOT. The Packer Pro Shop sells license plates with a different design for display purposes only (not valid for vehicle registration). For more information, customers may contact:
Packers Pro Shop
P.O. Box 10628
Green Bay, WI 54307-0628
Phone: (800) 992-5750
Fax: (920) 490-5951
Packers Pro Shop
Back to Special and personalized license plates
Questions? Contact us: Wisconsin DMV email service
Call: (608) 266-3041
Fax: (608) 267-5106
Last modified: July 14, 2011
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.