Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation license plates
Improve the health and wellbeing of women and families in Wisconsin by purchasing Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation license plates.
Your $25 donation will be re-invested in communities all over Wisconsin:
- 50% will support Wisconsin Women?s Health Foundation outreach and education programs that reach thousands of Wisconsin women and families each year.
- 50% will support Community Health Grants, which provide funding for community-based women?s health programs in Wisconsin.
The donation may be in honor or in memory of someone. You will receive additional information with your Wisconsin Women?s Health Foundation license plates. For more information about Wisconsin Women?s Health Foundation, Inc., call (608) 251-1675 or (800) 448-5148, or visit Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation.
Vehicles that qualify
- motor homes (annual registration only)
- 4,500, 6,000 or 8,000 pound gross weight including dual purpose farm and dual purpose motor home
- 12,000 pound gross weight farm truck
Things you should know:
- Wisconsin Women?s Health Foundation license plates can feature regular numbers or a personalized message.
- A $25 tax-deductible donation to the Women?s Health Foundation, Inc., is required to issue and renew your plates each year, in addition to the regular registration fee. The $25 donation is tax deductible if you itemize your income tax returns.
- A $15 issuance fee is required when non-personalized Wisconsin Women?s Health Foundation plates are issued.
- A $15 fee is required EACH year in addition to the regular annual registration fee and $25 donation for personalized plates.
- If the vehicle receiving Wisconsin Women?s Health Foundation license plates is already titled/registered in your name, complete the vehicle section on form MV2957.
- If the vehicle is not titled in your name, complete the title application form MV1 and form MV2957. Send them with all the required documents and fees to the address on form MV2957.
- Plates may be transferred from an auto to a truck or vice versa upon payment of the full registration fee, unless the vehicle is converted from an auto to a truck or vice versa.
- For more information, visit personalized and special plates FAQs.
How to apply:
Local DMV customer service centers do not have Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation license plates for immediate issue, but can process applications and the plates will be mailed. To apply by mail, send the following items:
- Complete Wisconsin Women?s Health Foundation License Plate Application form MV2957;
- $25 Wisconsin Women?s Health Foundation donation;
- $15 issuance fee, if requesting non-personalized plates, or
- $15 personalized plate fee, if requesting personalized plates;
- Annual registration fee if you do not have plates or if your current plates expire within the next three months;
- Check or money order made payable to: Registration Fee Trust;
- Mail with payment to:
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Special Plates Unit
P.O. Box 7911
Madison WI 53707-7911
Personalized license plates
- Personalizing your Wisconsin Women?s Health Foundation license plates is optional.
- A $15 personalized plate fee is required each year in addition to the regular annual registration fee.
- Visit Personalized Plate Lookup to find out if your choice for a personalized license plate is available.
- No refund or adjustment will be made for a change of choice or spacing after the plates are ordered, or if the application is unclear or incorrectly completed.
- WisDOT may refuse to issue, or may recall after issuance a request that may be offensive to good taste or decency, misleading or conflicts with any other license plate.
- After you receive the Certificate of Registration, allow 4-6 weeks for the manufacturing and mailing process before the plates arrive.
Temporary plates required
To legally operate your vehicle, you must display license plates within two business days of purchase. If you do not have current plates, apply to a DMV service center or an agent authorized by DMV to obtain a temporary plate while your Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation plate order is processed. An agent may charge a $3 plate fee and/or may also charge a $5 service fee.
Changing from personalized to regular plates
If you wish to re-register your vehicle with regular license plates at renewal time or within three months of the renewal expiration date, send a copy of your Certificate of Registration or renewal notice with a request for standard plates along with the registration. Subtract $40 from the fee shown on the renewal notice. If you wish to re-register other than at renewal time, submit the request and a copy of the Certificate of Registration.
Changing from personalized to regular Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation plates
If you wish to re-register with regular Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation plates at renewal time or within three months of the renewal expiration date, send a copy of your Certificate of Registration or renewal notice with a request for regular Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation plates and fee shown on the notice plus a $25 donation and $15 issuance fee. If you wish to re-register other than at renewal time, submit the request and a copy of the Certificate of Registration and $15 issuance fee.
Release of information
WisDOT uses the information on this form to issue Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation license plates. Under open records laws, WisDOT must make nonexempt information available upon request. If you want your name and address withheld from such business mailing lists, complete the "release of nonexempt information" portion on form MV2957.
Back to Special and personalized license plates
Questions? Contact us: Wisconsin DMV email service
Call: (608) 266-3041
Fax: (608) 267-5106
Last modified: July 14, 2011
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.